Sunday, March 28, 2010

Bring-a-friend-to-the-gym Day

My fitness club ran a promotion to get new members by offering a "Member Appreciation Day," allowing members to bring guests free of charge.

Hubby and I worked out a lot together this weekend.  We ran on Friday and went to our usual Power Vinyasa on Saturday.  With the cold weather finally breaking, Hubby's been spending a lot of time out on the trails but recently began to experience shin splints.  Hubby was an all-star track runner in high-school, passing up college scholarships to focus on his career.  His family even dubbed him the Fitness-Freak so even if shin splints slowed him down, he needed to get a solid workout that spared his legs.  I decided this was an excellent opportunity to bring Hubby to where all the magic happens for me.

We paired up at the elliptical machines and did a cardio session for 45 minutes.  He enjoyed UFC fighting on his tv while I watched FoodNetwork.  Then we hit the abs hard:

Abs & Arms routine for me and Hubby

Full body V sit-up:  20 reps
Push-ups (modified for me): 20 reps
Bicycle crunch: 20 reps
BOSU Balance Push-ups: for me 15 reps / Perfect Push-ups: for Hubby 20 reps
Full body V sit-up: 20 reps
Leg throw downs: for me 20 reps / Hubby skipped this
Squats with 10 lb. kettle ball: for me 20 reps / BOSU Balance Push-ups: for Hubby 20 reps
Kettle ball shoulder lifts: for me 20 reps


This workout totally kicked our butts and we'll probably sleep soundly tonight.  I can already feel my shoulders are going to be a little sore tomorrow but it was totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment