Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Looking for some input... about protein shakes!

In the past, I've used Slim-Fast(tm) shakes to supplement my diet, especially in the morning when I'm on the go.  Now I have the opposite problem: in the evening after my workout, I tend to get a little hungry but it isn't time to have dinner yet.  I'll sometimes eat a half-sandwhich of peanut butter and bread, but I'd like to try some protein shakes that aren't ridiculoulsy high in sugar (if it's one of the top 3 or 4 ingredients, I'm not interested). 

I was going to start down the path of the SF High-Protein blends, but sugar was the 2nd ingredient on the list...  I might also just keep chocolate soy milk around and enjoy a glass of that whenever I'm done with a workout. 

What do you drink?

1 comment:

  1. After my workout, I usually don't drink any protein shake. Eat 1-2 pieces of fruit to tie you over to dinner. It's better than a high calorie shake (which is meant to replace a meal, not supplement). Bananas are awesome...high potassium to help your aching muscle, good amount of natural sugar, and fiber.

    ReplyDelete