Monday, March 29, 2010

Mix it Up

Fitness and diet don't have to mean monotony.  Getting creative with your workouts and meals is what keeps things exciting (and purportedly keeps your metabolism from tapering out).

After a busy weekend, I opted to take the middle-of-the-road workout: hip-hop dance class.  It had been a few weeks since I went to the studio so I took today as an opportunity to work the whole body and challenge my mind.  The challenge and excitement of dance is the development of muscle memory and training your mind to think ahead in fixed patterns.  It only took one hour for a full body workout without feeling like I was standing still.  I will probably be very sore tomorrow.

I came home to a delicious dinner of broiled Steelhead Salmon seasoned with fresh ground lemon pepper, served with a mango and papaya chutney and fresh spring salad.  Aside from the glass of white wine and the rye with cheese antipasti, I'd say today/s dinner was a win...

No comments:

Post a Comment