Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Weeks to Go: 9

Weeks to Go: 9

I've never been partial to countdowns. Generally, the process of creating a countdown is daunting. And I question just how accurate my tabulation is, eventually recalibrating until I get a number that is a single digit. Nine - nine weeks.

My goal when I began the fitness binge was to lose weight for my wedding. I had been 134 pounds when I graduated from college and after two and a half years in the sedentary workforce with a diet of beer, 45 cent wings, and fast food, I ballooned to nearly 150 lbs. Balloon is an exaggeration for some, but on my five-foot-four-inch frame, I was carrying 20 pounds over my recommended weight with 29-percent of my body composition being body-fat. No matter how you spin it, the percentage of fat I on my body was enough to alert me. In January, ramped up my work-outs with a trainer and a gym membership.

I am now six pounds away from my short goal: my weight during my senior year of college. Knowing where I need to be in nine weeks, six pounds seems incredibly attainable. To keep myself accountable, I'm starting this blog in addition to a Twitter Feed @GetFitCarlie. I hope that keeping a blog about my diet and my workout will help keep me on track. I want to share recipe and menu ideas on a budget. I'll post updates on my progress (and photos - gasp) as well as daily workout routines.

I believe in practicing what you preach, and I hope my philosophy for honesty and discipline help you make healthy choices everyday.





*Disclaimer: The author of this blog has no professional or medical expertise in the fields of exercise physiology, dietetics, and nutrition, nor does the author claim to have certification or special knowledge regarding any topics covered in this publication. The Menus and workouts offered in this blog chronicle that of the author's daily practices and are not intended to be used in the absence of professional medical advice. Use commonsense and caution before attempting any fitness routines. Before starting any exercise regimen, consult your physician.*

No comments:

Post a Comment